Monday, October 25, 2010

Cote d'Azur

For the Toussaint Vacation Krista, Nele and I decided to go to Nice for 4 days. We had to spend the night in the Charles De Gaulle Airport in order to catch our 7 a.m. flight this morning. It was fun for about 2 hours but then the over-tiredness sets in and pretty soon you'd kill for a bed. Oddly enough there were a lot of people doing the same thing we were. A guy next to us snored the whole night and not to mention there were cleaning crews buzzing around us...some on machines with flashing yellow lights!! Needless to say I didn't hardly sleep. Our flight was scheduled to leave Paris at 7a.m. this morning but once we got loaded on and we were ready to go the captain said that air traffic control weren't allowing us to leave until 8:30a.m.! Fortunately we left shortly after that announcement and we arrived on time in Nice. We were happy campers! Unfortunately it rained all day today. We took a walking tour of Nice, the beach too and we checked into our hostel. Its a great hostel and I'm really happy with it. They even serve dinner and breakfast is free...score! It was an awesome day and I'm ready to go to bed but its only 3:34p.m.! Tomorrow we're headed to Eze and Monaco for the day. I have already been to both but I loved both of them. Its so odd going back to places that I was three years ago. For example, I found the same gelato place in Nice that I had visited when I was here with Providence...haha! Thats it for now. Its going to be a busy 4 days but it's nice to get out of Fourmies.

Love

No comments:

Post a Comment