So it's been about a week since my last post and nothing much has changed besides that I have finally observed classes at my other college (middle school). In both of my colleges there are major discipline and respect problems; I really can't believe it! The kids don't care and some of the teachers don't either. A perfect example of this is one of the teachers at my other school, Joliot Curie, doesn't care at all about teaching the kids. While I'm there he usually writes random english phrases on the board that they're supposed to translate. Meanwhile, he's chatting me up and being a grumpy puss about teaching. His name is Mathieu just fyi. The other teachers that I work with at Joliot Curie are nice and welcoming. One of them, Marilyn, has purple and blonde hair....setting a nice example there lady. She has difficulties controlling her class as well. My favorite of the three is Valerie. I observe her class last on the days that I'm there (Tuesdays & Thursdays).
The walls in this school are either bright pink, orange or green. I often wonder how they came to pick those terrible colors? Did the designer really love those colors or did the principal of the school pick those colors in order to punish everyone who enters the building hah! Instead of bells they plan a string of classical music to signal the end of that particular learning experience.
I witnessed my first English test this week as well and it is actually teaching me something. The students are learning all the right names like: direct object, indirect object etc, and to be honest some of those things I don't even know!
So far its been a good experience for me and it makes me realize how lucky we are to have good schools in the United States!
*More Soon*
No comments:
Post a Comment